19 April 2010

i was thinking about this blog today and realized that some of you... well, probably most of you, don't even know this one thing about me that i'm completely passionate about. i am a writer. i am an editor. these are my passions.
a good friend sent me a document the other night for me to edit. it's a pretty important document with a pretty important purpose, and i felt honored that i was remembered by him when he thought, "i need this revised. who should i call." i'm so excited to work on it because i haven't done anything like that in awhile it feels like. i love being a mom-- i'm pretty sure that's very obvious. however, i can't let myself forget the other things that i am good at, like editing. like writing. i can't let myself forget the essential things that make up who i am. with that said, i thought i'd let you all know that i am open for business. i have time on my hands these days, and i desperately miss editing. i normally don't toot my own horn on anything, but i am going to be brave and say that not only do i love editing and writing, but i am good at it. i am good because i worked at it for a very, very long time. i studied it in school (my major was english and i minored in editing)-- all i did for 4 years at BYU was read, write, and edit. it became a part of me, and i love that. i worked as a free-lance ghostwriter for orange soda, and i've had internships through BYU as an oral transcriber and editor. for my senior project, i worked with a group and we had to condense some serious material, edit it, and create a book from it. a book, people. that's a lot of editing. i also volunteered at the BYU writing center back in the day. i feel comfortable saying that i have some experience under my belt. so with that, feel free to send me ANY manuscripts or papers or anything that you need edited. my rates are cheap. mostly i just want to continue doing what i love most. but if it's going to take a little bit of time away from goldie girl, i feel the need to charge just a little something. maybe just enough to take her out to ice cream or get a pedicure. you know, the important things in life. email me if you're interested: jenna.vela@gmail.com i promise i won't let you down.

7 comments:

jenna said...

jenna! so proud of you. and when i have something to edit, you'll be the first to have it.

so so proud!

Unknown said...

thanks for being awesome :)

Unknown said...

this is megan p. by the way

Unknown said...

i didn't know this about you! I will have to let my sister know...she is writing her essay to get into BYU! Maybe I'll tell her to send it to you and see what you think! :-)

Anonymous said...

So great. When I have something to be read, I'll be sending it your way!

{Layla} said...

if i ever finish more than 5 chapters in the novel i am writing i will definitely hire you to edit it. thank you ma'am.

Annalisa said...

great to know...i'll pass the word along.