31 January 2011

35 weeks and counting...


oh man.  i'm ready to be done with this pregnancy, not going to lie about it.  i go back and forth all the time--- i am doing all i can to cherish my time with goldie but then again, i would love to be able to sleep.  even if that means 2-3 hours at a time between feeding a newborn.  it would be more than what i'm getting now, that's for sure.  goldie and i have been playing and laughing all the live long days.  she is super attached to me right now (perfect timing).  i'll be sitting on the floor and and will crawl/walk up to me, stand on my legs so she's eye level with me, then kiss me and sit on my lap.  she's making me (and jake for that matter... man she loves him) feel very loved.

she is cracking us up lately.  her favorite thing to say is "hi", and i wish i could describe to you the tone inflection when she says it but it's impossible.  it's hilarious.

she also wants to sit on the couch like a big girl.  if she can't get up when she wants at the exact moment, she starts to whine and cry.... and jake and i just look at each other like, sweet.  here we go.  we then say, "hey, no whining in this house missy."  she listens sometimes.  ha.

we had our good friends over last night and stayed up until almost 3 am TALKING.  what are we, in college again with no responsibilities?  let's just say this morning came quick... even though jake let me sleep in (bless him).  nonetheless, sometimes staying up until 3 am with some great company really is much needed every once in awhile.

you know what's kind of weird... i don't really have much of an appetite lately.  nothing sounds good to me except mcdonald's oreo mcflurries with extra oreo.  maybe it's because i don't have much room in my stomach to even let food settle... so basically i just eat very small portions and am done.  so unlike me.

i'm happy to report that i don't think i'm as swollen as i was with goldie.  do you guys even remember my cankles and how horrible that was?  i was seriously panicked that i would never have my ankles again.  although the appetite isn't on it's best behavior, i have been a thirsty cow and have been drinking lots and lots of water.  i'm assuming that's why my legs and body aren't as swollen as last time.

drink water.

i am very excited to meet this new baby.  she is crazy horse no. 2 in there... i swear it's like she's freaking out or something.  you hear people say (including myself) that they are cherishing the "last moments" alone with their first child... which i am, but at the same time when i see goldie hugging and kissing her numerous baby dolls it melts my heart and i know that this new baby girl is only going to make our family even more happy.  

goldie also pats my belly and kisses it when i'm cleaning her up after food.  it's pretty cute.  she's always been an old soul, that one.

anyway, those are my thoughts as of late.  i've lost all control of my itching... meaning yes i do the most NO NO thing during pregnany and itch my old stretchmarks... which honestly were hardly there.  but now they are.  and it's my fault.  but i gotta itch because well... i just have to.  hopefully they'll disappear like last time?

off to go make dinner.  i hope you all have a fabulous week.

9 comments:

Liv said...

you look smashing. and i hope baby girl comes out soon so you can feel smashing.

abby said...

dang you are cute and looking at that picture i can almost feel the pregnant, streeeeetched feeling.

Erin + Geoff said...

that belly is all baby.. you look great! goldie will love her new sister and i'm excited to see them be best friends!!!

abbie said...

I'm so excited for you! Yes maybe a little crazy, but you know that. Honestly 2 kids- especialu babies- is so fun. We are constantly laughing at our little crazies. And yes Olivia is 2 1/2 but I can say she's a baby until she's 4. And she was definitely a baby when I had Violet. :)

Rachel said...

I'm excited for ya! Syd came at 37 weeks, so you never know! Goldie is going to make a great older sister. And sometimes you just need to irresponsible and stay up late. :) Kirk and I did that last weekend with our friends and we regretted it in the morning, but it was so fun!
--Rachel

Unknown said...

lookim good mama...lookin good!

Megano said...

Oh you look so great!!! Well done! When I would say I was excited for baby to come so I could sleep people would patronizingly say "oh you have no idea what no sleep is" I wanted to slap them. I realize I'll be getting up every 2 to 3 hours but at least I would be able to sleep those 2 to 3 hours. I'm excited for you! So exciting!

ashley schmutz said...

i still can't believe you are pregnant again... you are INSANE! and AMAZING! we had our kiddos at the same time and i am no where near getting pregnant again while you are ready to have this baby! more power to you! hope you're doing well! you look darling!

McKell and John said...

I am slightly obsessed with that shirt! Stripes are my fav! You are adorable and I can't wait to see your new nugget and hear what her name is!