01 January 2016

Guess who's back... back again.

It's been a little too long, hasn't it. I remember the day that I decided to take a break from blogging; I think it was back when Instagram first came out and I thought to myself, "Who needs to blog when you have Instagram?" It's kind of true. But, lately I've remembered how much I loved this blog, and how therapeutic it was for me to sit and write my thoughts and feelings about whatever I felt like. It's freeing, in a way. For me, it's also a way to journal and remember the fun things my kids do, or the adventures that we go on, or the good days with the bad. These types of memories are super important, and I'm a little sad that I've gone two years without writing all of it down. 

It's a new year though, and with the new year comes resolutions, ideas, goals, etc. etc. etc. I have to make my goals seasonal, meaning I take the first four months of the year and make goals for them. When spring comes, I make new goals for summer. And then fall, and so on. It's easier for me that way, and then I don't feel like I'm failing all the time. Just kidding...sorta. Much has happened since my last post, and life has changed a lot. Maybe some old readers are back and know all of my history, and maybe there are new readers who have no idea who I am, or what I love, or anything about my family. Here's a quick introduction... and by quick, I mean QUICK.

I'm Jenna. I live in East Tennessee and it has become my true home. I'm 31, BYU graduate. I'm a freelance writer and an editor, but if I do any work, I do it from home. I have three kids: Goldie, Annie, and Sam. They are hilarious and bring me so much happiness. And stress. But mostly happiness :) My husband is Jake and we've known each other since college; he's my hero, and I love him dearly. He's also my best friend, so that makes things fun too. But listen, you need to know this. My life is not perfect. My husband and kids are not perfect. I am so far from perfect that it makes me laugh out loud. So, so far. And you'll hear about that on this blog- I don't pretend and I get real often. With that said, I like to celebrate the good days and the fun things my family does every once in awhile. I have a blessed life, and although there are major mountains to climb and cross over, I am thankful every day.



So, welcome back. It feels good to write again, and I've got so many thoughts. Hope you had a wonderful holiday season! 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm so pleased about this, Jenna!

Julie B said...

So glad you're back!!